Making the Conference Call Count
The agency has sent their boards, scripts and briefs. The producers have discussed scheduling, budget and production details. Now it is time to talk. It’s not always easy to get everyone together, so it’s important to make the most of the conference call. Use this guide to help clarify the vision and create a compelling pitch.
- What is the brand history / future?
- What were the previous campaigns?
- How will this be different?
- Who is the target audience?
- Where will the spot air?
- What happens in the spot?
- Is there a specific shot list already in mind?
- Any further ideas that are not covered in the existing script or boards?
- Camera: handheld, multiple camera, second unit
- Locations / Sets
- Talent: celebrities, time restrictions, animals, etc.
- Stock footage / Existing content
- Unscripted content: staged events, live broadcast, etc.
- Comedic / Parody?
- Heightened sense of reality?
LOOK & FEEL
- Day or night?
- Indoors or outdoors?
- Set or location?
- Special FX?
- Split screen?
- Aerial photography?
- Special props?
- Interior design?
- Set design?
- Real people?
- Special skills: stunts, singing, dancing, driving, etc.?
- Specific music ideas and references?
- Special editing ideas, preferences?
- Multiple language versions?
- Special framing considerations?
- Still photography integration?
- CGI Integration?
- Showcasing the product?
- Specific models, colors, etc.?
- Food styling and photography?
- Car prep and running footage?
Comments are closed.